1 1/2 cups walnuts 3/4 cup plain oats 1/2 cup raisins 1 cup pitted dates 1 tbsp ground cinnamon 2 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp nutmeg 1 tbsp organic blackstrap molasses 1 tbsp pure maple syrup 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Soak the dates in warm water for 30 minutes and then drain.
2. Place the oats, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Add in the soaked dates and raisins and blend again for one minute, until the mixture is well incorporated. Add in the molasses and maple syrup and blend again for another minute or so. The mixture should be nice and sticky and hold together (if it is too dry add a few drops of water and mix again).
3. With clean, wet hands, roll the mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place balls on a baking sheet and put in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
4. After balls have set, heat coconut oil and chocolate chips at very low heat in a saucepan until it becomes a chocolate sauce. Roll each ball in the chocolate sauce to cover and place back on the baking sheet.
5. Once all balls are coated, place back in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Store balls in the fridge or freezer and enjoy as you wish!
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.