Pancakes are everyone's favorite breakfast food, but unfortunately they can pack on the pounds. Now with the help of the Hawaiian super food coconut flour, this dish sheds its calories. Coconut flour is a gluten-free, antioxidant-rich flour substitute that adds a subtly sweet coconut flavor and is rich in fiber and protein. Now you can still enjoy your breakfast, without the extra guilt.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- zest of one lime
- 1 cup coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- optional topping : unsweetened coconut flakes
1. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and lime zest. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, and eggs.
3. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg and milk mixture until well combined.
4. Cook the pancakes, a scant 1/4 cup per pancake, on a well-greased griddle or nonstick pan about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
5. Serve with maple syrup and unsweetened coconut flakes.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The #1 Thing You Never Thought of That’s Making You Sick.