This smoothie recipe has MCT, medium chain triglycerides, oil in it. Just a small amount of creamy MCT oil can help those on the ketogenic diet optimize their weight loss. The oil allows the body to easily reach and maintain ketosis to speed up the fat-burning process.
Recipe from Glow15 by Naomi Whittel
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen coconut chunks
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 scoop collagen protein
- 1 tbsp creamy vanilla coconut MCT oil
- 2 pastured egg yolks
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Top with cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired and enjoy (best enjoyed cold).