This delicious ice cream has MCT, medium chain triglycerides, oil in that helps you get energy quickly and burn fat. Enjoy a creamy treat during the day with this keto diet recipe.
Recipe from Glow 15 by Naomi Whittel
- 4 whole large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/4 oz creamy coconut vanilla MCT oil
- 7 tbsp butter (salted or not salted, depending on preference)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp monk fruit, according to taste
1. Leave all ingredients at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Blend eggs, egg yolks, monk fruit, vanilla extract and lemon juice on high for 5 minutes.
3. Microwave coconut oil and butter for 45 seconds. Slowly pour into the egg mixture while whisking to emulsify. Add MCT oil and continue to whisk.
4. Place in container and freeze for 8 hours. This ice cream is best when eaten within 24 hours, but can be enjoyed for up to a month. If it's too hard, microwave in two 20-second intervals to soften.