Few desserts are supposed to fall apart, but this recipe calls for a crispy, crunchy apple dessert that will crumble into perfection. Chances are, you already have the ingredients you'll need to get started.
- 2 firm apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cover large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut apples crosswise into 4 rounds each.
4. In a medium bowl, mix oats, cinnamon, coriander, salt, applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon juice until well-combined. Divide mix into 8 equal portions and spread onto each apple round. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crispy on top. Then, let the apples cool.
6. Serve and enjoy!