Beans are a super-lean protein that are high in both fiber and folate. This salad mixes beans with crisp ingredients for a texture twist that is sure to tickle your taste buds.
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 15 oz can organic black beans, drained
- 15 oz can organic kidney beans, drained
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1. In a large bowl combine the celery, yellow pepper, apple, and beans.
2. Toss with the vinegar, olive oil, agave nectar, salt, and pepper. Top with the chopped cilantro.