cooking spray 2/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup cornmeal 1 tsp onion powder 1 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp paprika 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast tenders 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 6 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 2 tbsp honey
1. To prepare the chicken fingers: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt and buttermilk.
4. In another large bowl, mix together the panko, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Set aside.
5. Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Dip each chicken tender in the yogurt mixture, allowing the excess to drip off. Then dredge in the panko mixture, pressure with your fingertips to evenly coat both sides.
6. Place the tenders on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1½-inches between them. Bake until the chicken is browned, about 30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce: Combine the yogurt, mustard, and honey in a small bowl.
8. Place 3 chicken fingers on each of four plates and serve with 2 tablespoons dipping sauce on the side. Start crunching!
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.