This curry chicken salad recipe features a delicious collard green wrap. Collard green leaves have five grams of protein per cup and tons of vitamins, making it the perfect veggie alternative to bread and flour tortilla wraps. This easy recipe will yield two wraps, with plenty of salad and slaw for leftovers!
Recipe from: The Kitchenista
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or good quality prepared mayo, more as needed*
- 1 tbsp Jamaican curry powder
- 1" knob ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 1 tart apple, diced into small cubes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 medium to large collard green leaves. prepped for wraps
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tsp scotch bonnet pepper sauce (or other hot sauce)
1. Mix shredded green cabbage, shredded carrot, juice of 1/2 lemon, juice of 1/2 lime, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Set aside.
For Curry Chicken Salad:
1. Combine mayo, scotch bonnet pepper sauce, Jamaican curry powder, grated ginger, cilantro, thyme, juice from 1/2 lemon, juice from 1/2 lime, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Stir dressing until completely mixed.
3. Taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Add chopped chicken breast, chopped celery, apple, scallions, golden raisins, and chopped pecans. Mix to coat ingredients.
5. Set aside.
1. Lay collard green leaf on the surface, overlay 2 leaves for more surface area.
2. Spread Curry Chicken Salad on the bottom third of the wrap.
3. Add slaw.
4. Fold the bottom of the wrap upwards. Fold each side of the wrap over the filling. While keeping the sides tucked in, roll from the bottom up.
5. Spread a little mayo on the inside to help the last piece stick, optional.
6. Slice wrap in half.
Note: Homemade mayo is perishable, so consume leftovers within 3 days and always keep refrigerated.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!