This recipe has complex carbs, which helps longevity, and pairing coconut milk with sweet potatoes slows the sugar absorption in your system. Serve this dish with veggies for a fulfilling meal.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup regular or low-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt, optional
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and add enough water so they’re submerged by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes.
2. Drain in a colander and set in the sink, then transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl.
3. Add 1 cup coconut milk and mash with a potato masher or an electric mixer at medium-low speed until creamy, adding more coconut milk to get a smooth, rich puree. Stir in the cinnamon, as well as the salt, if desired.
Tip: For a different taste and lower fat, substitute half the coconut milk for fresh orange juice while mashing. Remember to add the ground cinnamon!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Creed’s Scott Stapp Speaks Out on Addiction.