Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
When it gets cold outside you'll probably be opting for hot, delicious meals that will satisfy your taste buds and warm you up. This twist on a classic comfort food is the perfect option. Make buffalo mac 'n' cheese in an hour by using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. This recipe is perfect for those looking to make a meal their whole family will love without hassle and stress. Plus, it's easy to make, delicious, and a little spicy (but not too spicy).
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 lb cooked macaroni
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 stick of cream cheese
- 4-5 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup toasted panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped parsely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, for garnish
- blue cheese, for garnish
1. Heat medium skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon butter. When hot, stir in the onion, celery, and the carrot and saute until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour and cook until light brown and bubbling, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the milk and bring just to a simmer and then reduce to medium-low heat. Stir in the cream cheese and the cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in the macaroni, the rotisserie chicken, and the sautéed vegetables.
5. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and stir in the garlic. Place the breadcrumbs into a small bowl and add the garlic butter and the parsley and sprinkle over the mac n' cheese.
6. Serve the mac 'n' cheese with blue cheese and hot sauce on the side.