Add some salty to your sweet by pairing this egg casserole with a pecan kringle for breakfast. You can easily prep this breakfast meal the night before and keep in the fridge until you are ready to bake and serve.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups cubed English muffins (day-old)
- 1 1/2 cups diced Canadian bacon
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 bunch chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When hot, add the onions and cook for 30 minutes until caramelized, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Then add the thyme leaves.
4. Transfer the onion mixture to a large bowl and add English muffins, Canadian bacon, and cheese.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and pour over the bread. Stir to combine and add the parsley. Season with a little more salt and pepper and transfer to a baking dish.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the strata is puffed and golden brown at the edges. Let cool slightly and serve.