This pasta recipe is not only easy to make, but chances are you have most of the ingredients in your house right now. Get creative with weeknight dinners and whip up this dish in less than 30 minutes.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 8 oz orecchiette, or other shaped pasta (farfalle, shells, etc.)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to finish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, washed, stemmed, and cut into ribbons
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- vegan Parmesan, optional
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous amount of salt. When boiling, add the pasta and cook 2 minutes under the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the onions and the garlic and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in the red pepper flakes and the cauliflower and cook until slightly caramelized, about 3 more minutes. Add in the kale and cook to wilt.
3. Deglaze with the white wine and add in the pasta with about a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss to coat and stir in the basil. Place the pasta on a platter and top with more basil and the Parmesan. Top with the toasted breadcrumbs and a little more olive oil. Serve.