Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
Daphne Oz's chicken piccata is the perfect dish for those with little time to make dinner. Achievable in under 10 minutes, this meal is prepared with few ingredients but is packed with a lot of flavor.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 4 chicken cutlets, lightly pounded
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp capers
- splash of white wine
- juice of 2 lemons
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Place the flour into a baking dish and dredge the chicken, shaking off any excess flour.
3. Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to the pan to melt.
4. When hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the capers and the white wine and cook for 1 minute.
6. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir in the remaining butter.
7. Add the chicken pieces back to the pan and coat with the sauce.
8. Place the chicken on a platter and pour over any remaining sauce.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Reset and Rebalance: The Fats You Should Eat Plan.