Photo from Elizabeth Griffin.
This recipe from Daphne Oz's kitchen is paleo and keto approved. Plus, it uses minimal dishes for super easy clean up. Enjoy these skewers with a crowd or make a batch to enjoy over a few days.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- Kosher salt, to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp grated ginger, plus 1 tsp
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 package 8-inch skewers, soaked in warm water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1/2 fresno chile, minced
- 1 bag shredded broccoli slaw
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 cup raisins
To marinate the beef
1. Place the beef in a large bowl or zip top bag and season with salt. Stir in the coconut milk, lime zest, minced scallions, garlic, 1 tbsp ginger, turmeric, 1 tbsp olive oil, and red pepper flakes. Let the beef marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade and place about 4 pieces of meat on each skewer and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side and then place under the broiler for the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking.
4. Remove the skewers from the oven and plate with the broccoli slaw.
To make the slaw
1. Whisk together 1 tsp ginger, lime juice, vinegar, chiles, almond butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt.
2. Toss in the broccoli, raisins, mint, and sliced scallion. Taste to adjust the seasoning if needed and divide between plates.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in What to Eat When.