Use up the frozen veggies in your freezer with this corn cakes recipe. These veggie patties are super easy to make and are quarantine-approved because you should have most of the ingredients at home already. Serve as a side dish or as the main event for dinner. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt for a creamy finish, if desired.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 cups frozen veggies, thawed and drained of excess liquid
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal with baking powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
2. Place the veggies into a large bowl. If using broccoli, chop into small pieces. Add in cheese, scallions, milk, and eggs. Stir to combine and add in the flour mixture; the batter should be thick.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in oil. Spoon in batter into about 2 tablespoon rounds. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, and then flip and continue to cook until the second side is also golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with a little more salt. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!