2 1/2 cups rolled oats 1/2 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds 2 cups mixed chopped raw nuts: walnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or pistachios 1/2 cup sesame seeds 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves 1/2 cup honey 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 1 tsp kosher salt sea salt
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together oats, sunflower seeds, nuts, and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine in a medium skillet olive oil and thyme; cook over medium-high heat, swirling often, until thyme is fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. The thyme may fry and split a little, which is fine. Remove from heat and let the thyme oil cool and infuse, at least 10 minutes.
4. Swirl honey, vanilla extract, and kosher salt into the thyme oil. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Turn out onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading granola as evenly as possible.
5. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle on a few pinches of sea salt and let cool completely, then pack into airtight containers. The granola keeps for weeks, stored in a cool, dry spot.
Tip: Store the granola in airtight containers so you can have it on hand for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.