Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
If you like spicy foods, you'll love this fudgy brownie recipe with an unexpected twist — sriracha. These sweet, gooey bites have just the right amount of heat to put a unique twist on your baked goods. Share with your loved ones or enjoy them all by yourself.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 stick butter, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Bring a medium pot filled with two inches of water to a simmer, then reduce to low heat.
3. Place stick of butter, sugars, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sriracha into a large heatproof bowl and set over the pot of water. Whisk to combine until the sugars have dissolved into the butter and the chocolate has incorporated. Remove from the heat and add in the eggs.
4. In another small bowl, whisk together the salt, baking soda, and flour. Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Fold in the walnuts. Grease 9x9 pan with 2 tbsp butter and put brownies into the pan.
4. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Breaking News: 'I Just Froze' — Elizabeth Smart Sexually Assaulted on an Airplane.