Have some leftover oatmeal and don't know what to do with it? Don't throw it out! Instead, use the leftovers to create another breakfast favorite — waffles the whole family will love.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 4 cups leftover cooked oatmeal
- cooking spray
- 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- fresh blueberries, for topping
- sliced bananas, for topping
1. Spray the inside of a loaf pan and line the pan with plastic so that it lays over the sides of the pan and press so that it sticks to the greased pan. Scoop the 4 cups of leftover oatmeal into the loaf pan and cover with the excess plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 4 hours and up to overnight.
2. Preheat your waffle iron. Remove the oatmeal from the pan and unwrap. The oatmeal should be firm. Cut the oatmeal into 1-inch thick slices.
3. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and place the oat squares in the waffle iron. Close and cook until the waffle iron indicates the oat waffles are ready.
4. Remove to a plate or platter and top with blueberries and bananas.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!