Rotisserie chicken is great to buy when you're in a rush to get a heatlhy, affordable dinner on the table. But what do you do when you inevitably have leftovers? Enter this delicious pasta recipe that uses leftover chicken along with fresh vegetables to make the ultimate family meal. You can also put this into a spring form pan to make a pasta pie, get the recipe here.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 lb penne
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. Cook the penne in salted water to al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta but reserve a cup of the pasta water. Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven to medium heat and add in the olive oil.
2. When hot, add in the mushrooms and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes to make sure they get nice and brown. Stir the mushrooms and cook for another minute then season with salt. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
3. To the pan add in the onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in the kale and season with salt. Stir in the rosemary and the red pepper flakes and cook until the kale has wilted.
4. Add the mushrooms back to the pan along with the chicken. Stir in the pasta along with the reserved pasta water and toss to coat. Stir in the lemon zest and Parmesan cheese and serve.