Do you only use your tried-and-true cookie sheet to bake sweet treats? It's time to reconsider that. Sheet pan dinners have become all the rage online, and for good reason, too: the dishes have big flavor with little mess. Daphne Oz's Chinese take-out style sesame chicken wings can be marinated ahead of time, tossed on the pan, and ready to devour in just 15 minutes. Plus, you'll get a healthy heaping of crisp broccoli without having to sauté the vegetables in a separate pan.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 2 Fresno chilis, stems removed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips discarded
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into large florets
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Place the soy sauce, garlic, honey, sesame oil, lime juice, miso paste, and one of the Fresno chilis into the carafe of a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Remove two tablespoons of the miso puree and set aside. Pour the remaining puree over the chicken and let marinate for two hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Remove the chicken from the bowl, leaving any excess marinade behind, and place on a sheet pan. Add broccoli and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through. Turn the chicken and broccoli halfway through baking. Switch the oven to broil for the last two to three minutes of baking to get the chicken and broccoli nice and crispy.
5. Baste with two tablespoons of puree that was set aside. Place on a platter and top with scallions, the remaining chili sliced into rings, and sesame seeds.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Ultimate Keto: Everything You Need to Know About the Diet Everyone Is On.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!