Indulge your sweet and salty snack cravings with these chocolate and peanut butter ice cream sandwiches! With a decadent blend of rich dark chocolate chips and crunchy salted peanuts, it will be hard to just eat one of these treats.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt, for garnish
- 2 pints peanut butter ice cream
- 1 cup salted peanuts, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and then stir in the vanilla and the cocoa powder.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, and stir to combine. Add the flour to the batter in batches and stir to combine.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Using a 2-ounce scoop, scoop into a baking sheet lined with parchment, making sure that each cookie is 2-inches apart.
6. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes and sprinkle with the coarse salt just as the cookies come out of the oven. Cool on a baking rack.
7. While the cookies cool, let the ice cream soften on the counter for a few minutes. Scoop the ice cream onto the bottom of one cooled cookie and place another cookie on top to make a sandwich.
8. Press the cookie gently so that the ice cream spreads out to the edges of the cookies. Smooth with a butter knife or offset spatula.
9. Place the crushed peanuts into a bowl and roll the edges of the cookie into the peanuts. Place back into the freezer to firm up and repeat with the remaining ice cream and cookies.
*Note: Calorie count does not include serving of ice cream. Please look at the nutrition label of the ice cream of your choice for additional calories.
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.