6 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring) 1/2 tsp fine sea salt 1/4 tsp baking powder 2 eggs 3/4 cup sugar 2 tsp instant espresso powder 2 tsp vanilla extract 6 oz chocolate chips 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped 1 cup walnut halves, broken into large pieces
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place chopped chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
3. Whisk flour in small bowl with salt and baking powder. Beat the eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla extract in large bowl using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the chocolate mixture until blended and add the flour mixture. Beat at low speed until incorporated. Using a woodless spoon, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Form the mixture into dough balls. Use 1/3 of the mixture on each baking sheet, spacing the balls 3 inches apart.
6. Bake 17 minutes until the tops are dry and shiny.
7. Slide the parchment with cookies onto wide racks to cool completely.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.