Become a stir-fry master with this easy and delicious recipe. The chicken and vegetables fill this Day-Off Diet dish with protein, vitamins, and minerals. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 tbsp sliced scallions
- 2 heaping tbsp finely sliced fresh ginger, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic, divided
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetables, thinly sliced (bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, bok choy, etc.)
- 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
1. For the chicken coating, combine 1 tablespoon sliced scallion with 1 tablespoon of ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic in a bowl with the fish sauce and lime. Whisk to combine, add the chicken and toss well to coat.
2. Heat a large nonstick sauté pan or wok over high heat. Spray the pan or wok with cooking spray and add half of the chicken. Spread into a single layer and let sear 30 seconds.
3. Toss the chicken, then spread back out and sear again. Toss once more and remove to serving dish. Add the remaining chicken and repeat.
4. When all the chicken is cooked and resting in a serving dish, return the pan to the heat. Spray with cooking spray and add pinch of garlic and ginger. Add a portion of vegetables and cook in batches, just like the chicken. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and about 2 ounces of water to each batch of vegetables as they cook. Be sure to let the pan reheat between batches and respray and add garlic and ginger. When everything is cooked, toss together in the serving dish.
5. To serve, place 1/2 cup brown rice on each plate and top with the stir-fry, pouring over juices that collected in the pan.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!