Load up your frittata for a filling breakfast – the Day-Off Diet allows unlimited veggies for meals high in vitamins and minerals. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
1/2 cup chopped spinach and 1/4 cup mushrooms (optional) 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 2-3 chopped jalapenos, and cilantro (optional) 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes and 3 basil leaves (optional) 1 egg
1. Spray an 8-inch nonstick saute pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
2. Pick one of the three vegetable combinations above and saute until tender and completely dry. Transfer the cooked vegetables to a bowl and allow them to cool slightly.
3. Crack one egg into the bowl with the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Spray a 4- to 8-ounce ramekin (small baking dish) with cooking spray. Add the egg mixture to the ramekin.
5. Bring 2 inches of water to a simmer in a medium-sized pot. Carefully place the ramekin in the pot and cover the pot with a lid. Cook covered, approximately 4 minutes or until the eggs are firm. Remove the ramekin with tongs and serve immediately.