Scrambled eggs are just one of the many ways you can nourish your body in the morning on the Day-Off Diet. Pick your favorite combo of veggies and herbs and quickly whip up a hearty breakfast, even if you're on the go! Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach and 1/4 cup mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 2-3 chopped jalapenos, and cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes and 3 basil leaves (optional)
1. Spray an 8-inch nonstick saute pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
2. Add your choice of vegetables from the three suggested combinations above and saute until tender and completely dry. Then, place the cooked veggies in the pan.
3. Crack one egg into a small cup and season with salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until well scrambled.
4. Add scrambled egg into the pan with the veggies and mix rapidly with a heatproof spatula until the egg is just slightly runny. Remove from the heat and continue stirring until firm. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.