Spice up your daily snack options for the Day-Off Diet by sprinkling different herbs and spices onto your choice of nuts or seeds. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- Choose: 1 oz almonds, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, or 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder (optional)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
1. Lightly spray your choice of nuts or seeds with cooking spray.
2. Toss nuts or seeds with chosen spices until lightly coated.
3. Cook in the oven at 325° F until toasted and golden brown in color.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.