The combination of soft ciabatta bread, seasoned grilled eggplant, Pecorino cheese, and speck is enough to make your mouth water. This delicious sandwich can be made quickly and in bulk to make lunches during the week something to look forward to.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into 12 thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 (4-inch wide) slices ciabatta, split lengthwise
- 1/4 pound young Pecorino Toscano cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 12 slices speck
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until grill-marked and softened. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Add the garlic, parsley, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste into the bowl and toss until the eggplant is well coated.
3. Layer the bottom half of each ciabatta piece with 3 slices Pecorino, 3 slices speck, and 3 slices eggplant.
4. Close each sandwich and press firmly. Enjoy!
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.