Dandelion and fennel are natural diuretics that can help with your bloat. Fitness trainer Chris Powell recommends you make this salad in bulk and eat it for lunch to make sure your stomach stays flat throughout the week.
- 2 cups dandelion greens, thick stems trimmed
- 2 cups chicory leaves, outer ribs discarded, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 medium Belgian endive, sliced into ½-inch thick rings (1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Combine dandelion greens, chicory, arugula, endive, carrot, fennel, celery, and parsley in a large bowl.
2. To make the vinaigrette, put olive oil, lemon juice, tarragon, and garlic in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake together until well combined.
3. Toss one serving of greens with dressing (lightly coating the leaves). Top with optional additions such as cucumbers, beans, or cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
**Note: Calorie count is only for the salad and dressing, it does not include optional additions.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Best Hacks Ever For a Flatter Belly.