Do you ever get bored of eating the same lunches (salads, sandwiches, etc.) over and over again? Look no further: these delicious chicken roll-ups are the perfect dish for a new take on lunch that's not only good for work, but will also make your kids happy. Bonus: this recipe makes for amazing leftovers, too.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 10 slices prosciutto di Parma or 5 slices of ham
- 3/4 lb grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- 2 to 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only, minced
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Place the chicken breast onto a piece of plastic wrap laid out on a cutting board.
2. Cover with an additional piece of plastic wrap.
3. With a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken out to ¼ inch thick cutlet.
4. Remove the top piece of plastic and brush with a thin layer of mustard.
5. Lay down 2 pieces of the prosciutto or 1 piece of ham and top with a layer of the cheese.
6. Tuck in the sides of the chicken and use the plastic wrap to roll up tightly and repeat with the remaining chicken, meat, and cheese. (At this point you should refrigerate the chicken until ready to use.)
7. Set up a breading station by placing the flour into a small baking dish or large plate, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Place the eggs into a small baking dish or plate and season with salt and pepper.
9. Place the breadcrumbs in a small baking dish or large plate and stir in the thyme, garlic, and melted butter.
10. Brush a baking sheet with the olive oil and set aside.
11. Carefully remove the chicken from the plastic wrap and season with salt and pepper.
12. Place the chicken first in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then into the egg mixture, letting any excess egg drip off.
13. Finally, dip chicken into the breadcrumb mixture. Fully coat in the breadcrumbs and place on the sheet pan.
14. Repeat until all of the chicken is breaded.
15. Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through.
16. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 6 to 8 minutes and slice.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!