Have you ever considered putting chocolate on your steak? This recipe combines the sweet and savory flavors of cocoa and chili powder for a flavor you won't soon forget. Make Valentine's Day extra special this year with a sweet steak recipe.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 (12 oz) strip or skirt steak
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped parsley, optional
- coarse salt for garnish
1. Take the steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
2. Place all of the spices into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine rub about 4 tbsp the spices all over the steak.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and place the steaks on the grill. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes loosely covered with foil.
4. Slice the steak against the grain and drizzle with a little olive oil. Finish with coarse salt and some chopped parsley.