Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
If you're looking for the perfect Easter brunch meal, this delicious glazed ham and colorful carrot combination is a winner. With savory and sweet flavors, you'll be shocked how good it tastes and how simple to make.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 pounds small rainbow carrots, stems trimmed and peeled
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 tsp toasted coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves
- zest and juice of half an orange
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 bone-in smoked ham
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup grainy mustard
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 cloves
To make the ham:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the ham on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan and score the top. Place into the oven covered with foil and cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. The internal temperature should read 160°F when it’s ready.
3. To make the glaze combine apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, thyme, and cloves in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer, cook for about 10 minutes. Baste the ham with the glaze about every 30 minutes.
4. Let the ham rest for 20 minutes before serving.
To make the carrots:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the carrots onto a sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to cook for 12-15 minutes.
2. While the carrots cook, make the sauce by placing the almonds, olives, coriander, and shallots into the bowl of a food processor and giving it a few pulses.
3. Add in the fresh herbs and the zest and juice of the orange. Season with salt and pepper and place the lid back on the food processor.
4. While the motor runs, drizzle in olive oil. Taste for seasoning and serve over the carrots.