Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
Any recipe with the word "loaded" in front of it is usually a crowd-pleaser, so why not bring this loaded hasselback potato recipe to your next potluck? Not only is it Instagrammable, but it's easy to make and delicious.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 5 russet potatoes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb diced bacon, cooked
- 4 scallions, sliced
- hot sauce, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. Scrub the russet potatoes and in two batches place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Turn the potatoes over and cook for another 2 minutes. The potatoes should be slightly tender.
4. Place the potatoes on a cutting board and when cooked enough to handle, thinly slice the potato about 3/4 of the way through (like an accordion) and leave the base intact.
5. Place the thinly sliced pieces of butter inside each potato slit and place it on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake the potatoes for about 35 minutes until cooked through and crispy around the edges.
7. Top with the cheese and bake for another 5 minutes just until melted.
8. Plate and top with sour cream, scallions, and bacon. Top with hot sauce if you like it spicy.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!