If you frequently crave sweet things, going on a low-carb (and therefore low-sugar) diet can feel frustrating at times. But this chocolate mousse recipe can help solve all your problems; you can have a dessert without derailing your diet. Plus, you can whip up this delicious treat in just 10 minutes.
Get more recipe from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 lb unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- pinch of salt
- unsweetened whipped cream, optional
- chopped toasted almonds, optional
1. Place the coconut milk and the chocolate into a heat proof glass bowl and place into the microwave. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring often, until melted.
2. Place a metal bowl over a bowl filled with 2 quarts of ice and 1 cup of water. Add the chocolate mixture to the metal bowl and whisk until the mixture forms a smooth, shiny mousse, about 8 minutes.
3. Serve in espresso cups for the perfect portion. Top with whipped cream and toasted almonds if desired.
**Note: Calorie count does not inlclude optional ingredients. Check serving size and calories when adding whipped cream and/or almonds to your portion.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!