This recipe is Total Health Take Back-Approved!
Looking for a healthy way to spice up your date night? Meet this frittata recipe topped with mushrooms, spinach, and scallions and served with a side salad to make for the perfect dinner that you and your special someone will love. Plus, it's Alec and Hilaria Baldwin approved, so if nothing else, that should sell you on how great it is.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 8 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 6 oz baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 large or 2 small heads of bibb Boston lettuce
To make the frittata:
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium, non-stick pan. Add the mushrooms and cook until brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add in the scallions and the garlic and saute until soft. Then add in the thyme and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and stir in the spinach.
4. Add the coconut milk to the lightly beaten eggs and season with a little salt. Pour into the pan with the mushrooms and wilted spinach and stir constantly, pulling the egg mixture away from the sides until the eggs start to set slightly, about 2 minutes.
5.Place the frittata into the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes until it has set but still jiggles slightly when you shake the pan.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest while you make the salad.
To make side salad:
1. Place the honey, mustard, and red wine vinegar into a mason jar and season with salt and pepper. Add the shallots and remaining olive oil and close the jar. Shake the dressing until it is combined.
2. Place your washed and dried lettuce into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the greens, toss, and serve with the frittata.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Outrageous! Babysitter Horror Stories.