Photo by Elizabeth Griffin
Can "healthy" and "chocolate truffle" really be in the same sentence? With this recipe, using whole grain cereal and almond butter, the answer is yes. Enjoy them with red wine or by themselves and share them with your friends.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 1/2 cups whole grain puffs cereal
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the cereal onto a baking sheet and into the oven to toast for about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Place the almond butter and the honey into a small saucepan and heat to combine. Add a pinch of salt and pour the almond mixture into the bowl with the cereal. Stir to combine.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop, form the cereal mixture into small balls and place onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
5. Place the melted chocolate into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the coconut oil. Take each of the cereal balls and dip into the chocolate with a fork and then place back onto the sheet pan. Top with the crushed almonds and set aside to let the chocolate harden. Serve.