This recipe is Total Health Take Back-Approved!
Brunch is a timeless weekend tradition. It's a perfect way to catch up with friends and family and eat delicious food. Why not mix up your next brunch with this sweet potato breakfast skillet? This healthy (and filling) brunch option is packed with veggies and the sweet potatoes add extra vitamins to the dish. Bonus: This recipe is vegetarian and perfect for a meatless Sunday.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the potatoes and cook until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper and add the onions, garlic, and red bell pepper and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the kale and black beans and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook until the kale has wilted.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook until the whites begin to set. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
5. Check on the eggs after about a minute to see if the whites have set keeping sure that the yolks are not firm.
6. Spoon the sweet potato mixture into bowls and top with an egg. Sprinkle the egg with smoked paprika and a little salt.