It's a universal fact that potatoes are one of the most versatile foods out there. You can bake them, fry them, boil them, and now you can make this easy, delicious loaded potato recipe. This dish is perfect for a family dinner, and we promise this cheesy recipe tastes just as good as it looks.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter, cubed
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup fried shallots
1. Place the peeled potatoes into a large pot and cover with water.
2. Season with salt and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Drain the potatoes and rice with a potato ricer back into the pot.
5. Heat the cream over medium heat until just hot and slowly add to the potatoes.
6. Season with more salt and slowly add in the butter until fully incorporated.
7. Taste for seasoning and serve alongside all of the toppings so that you can customize your potato.