Gluten and grains may be making you tired. Try this recipe to battle the exhaustion, lose weight, and indulge in tasty bread. This focaccia bread will have you forgetting that it’s gluten- and grain-free. Use Dr. Davis' all-purpose baking mix for this delicious bread.
- 5 oz mozarella cheese, grated
- 12 oz all-purpose baking mix
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 oz pitted black olives or Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 oz sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, separated
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
2. In a food chopper or food processor, pulse the cheese until reduced to small granules, about the size of couscous.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the processed cheese, baking mix, xanthan gum, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of the salt, the onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, oregano, olives, and tomatoes. Mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and the vinegar and mix quickly. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff. Blend in the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil at low speed. Pour into the reserved dough mixture and mix together with a spoon.
5. Place the dough onto the baking sheet and, using your hands, shape into an 11-by-12-inch rectangle. Alternately, cover the dough with parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough 1/2-inch thick.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and, using the blunt handle of a wooden spoon or other small rounded instrument, make small depressions in the surface every inch or so.
7. Brush the surface with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
8. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into six 4-by-6-inch slices.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 30 Days/30 Ideas for Your Biggest Body Problems.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!