These chocolate balls are super easy to make in bulk. You can store them in the fridge or the freezer for a quick snack or low-calorie dessert on the 7-Day Kickstart Cleanse.
Recipe excerpted from HOW TO BE WELL by Frank Lipman, MD. Copyright © 2018 by Frank Lipman, MD. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. Illustrations by Giacomo Bagnara.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup almond butter or coconut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (room temperature or softened over low heat)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder (heaping)
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp ground almond meal
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or more, to taste)
- few pinches of cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (to sweeten - optional)
1. Add all the ingredients into a food processor and process until it's the consistency of fudge; taste and add more cinnamon and vanilla if needed, to suit your preference.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls and store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.
Note: If you use maple syrup, add just a little to start -- you may not need as much as you think -- and then add more to the dry ingredients if necessary to achieve a fudge-like consistency.