This keto-approved brownie recipe proves you don't have to give up your favorite snacks when you pick up a new diet. Satisfy that sweet tooth in less than an hour with this quick and easy recipe. Dieting or not, this is a treat that everyone will love.
Recipe from Keto Diet by Dr. Josh Axe
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, unsweetened cacao powder, sea salt, and baking powder.
3. Using a double boiler, melt unsweetened dark chocolate and coconut oil together and stir until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, beat monk fruit sweetener, eggs, and vanilla extract vigorously. Add in the chocolate and coconut oil mixture and continue to mix.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix until a brownie batter forms.
7. Pour into the lined baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make it vegan:
Replace the eggs with 3 tablespoons of flax seed powder and 1/2 cup of water.
Give it a collagen boost:
Add 2 scoops of collagen protein into the dry ingredients.
**Note: The calorie count is for the regular recipe, not the vegan or collagen modifications.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!