This high-fat, low-carb recipe from Dr. Josh Axe fits perfectly into a keto diet. Enjoy this classic breakfast dish with a twist that helps energize your body and burn fat.
Recipe from Keto Diet by Dr. Josh Axe
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla bone broth protein or keto collagen powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, bone broth protein or keto collagen powder, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, coconut cream and monk fruit sweetener with a fork or whisk. Beat for 30 seconds for ultimate fluffiness.
3. Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring well.
4. Add water and coconut oil to the mixture and stir until the batter thickens.
5. In a large greased skillet over medium heat, add the batter by the spoonful to form pancakes.
6. Let each pancake sit for 3-4 minutes before flipping. They are ready to flip when they are easily lifted from the pan with a spatula.
7. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
8. If using, melt almond butter and pour over the top. Enjoy!
To make it vegan:
Replace the eggs with 3 tbsp of flaxseed powder and 1/2 cup of water. Omit the bone broth protein or keto collagen powder. Add 2 more tbsp of water and 1 more tbsp of coconut oil.
**Note: Calorie count is for the regular recipe, not the vegan modifications.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!