Dr. Josh Axe's delicious salmon cake recipe is packed with nutrients and flavor and is a perfect dinner option for those on the keto diet. Loaded with omega-3s, eating this recipe will help improve your overall health.
Recipe from Keto Diet by Dr. Josh Axe
- 2 cans of wild-caught salmon
- 1/4 cup (plus 1 tbsp) avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley or dill, finely diced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
To make the salmon cakes:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together wild-caught salmon, 1 tbsp avocado oil mayonaise, green onions, bell pepper, Italian parsley or dill, almond flour, eggs, and a pinch of sea salt.
2. With clean hands, form 8 round patties about 1/2-inch thick.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add avocado oil. Carefully place the patties into the pan and cook each patty for 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
To make the garlic aioli:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and garlic.
2. Pour into small ramekins and serve with the patties.
Give it a collagen boost:
Add 1 scoop of collagen protein to the salmon mixture before forming patties.
**Note: The calorie count is for the regular recipe and doesn't include collagen modifications.