Dr. Josh Axe's delicious salmon cake recipe is packed with nutrients and flavor and is a perfect dinner option for those on the keto diet. Loaded with omega-3s, eating this recipe will help improve your overall health.
Recipe from Keto Diet by Dr. Josh Axe
- 2 cans of wild-caught salmon
- 1/4 cup (plus 1 tbsp) avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley or dill, finely diced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
To make the salmon cakes:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together wild-caught salmon, 1 tbsp avocado oil mayonaise, green onions, bell pepper, Italian parsley or dill, almond flour, eggs, and a pinch of sea salt.
2. With clean hands, form 8 round patties about 1/2-inch thick.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add avocado oil. Carefully place the patties into the pan and cook each patty for 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
To make the garlic aioli:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and garlic.
2. Pour into small ramekins and serve with the patties.
Give it a collagen boost:
Add 1 scoop of collagen protein to the salmon mixture before forming patties.
**Note: The calorie count is for the regular recipe and doesn't include collagen modifications.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!