Add your favorite vegetables from your local farmers market to Dr. Alejandro Junger's hearty dish. Enjoy it as your main course or as a side dish for any meal.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 cups small-diced root vegetables (carrots, turnips, rutabagas)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the root vegetables.
2. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking, for about 10 minutes.
3. Next, add the onion and continue sautéing until the vegetables are tender and have started to meld together. Sprinkle in the rosemary and salt to taste.
4. Serve warm with eggs, fish, chicken, burgers, salads or use as taco filling.
Excerpted from CLEAN EATS: Over 200 Delicious Recipes to Reset Your Body’s Natural Balance and Discover What It Means to Be Truly Healthy by Alejandro Junger, M.D. with permission by HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Copyright 2014.