This dessert from Dr. Mark Hyman really has it all! The sweetness in these truffles comes from healthy, fiber-rich sources like dates and shredded coconut, and those natural sugars are balanced perfectly with healthy fat and protein found in almond butter, coconut oil, and grass-fed butter! You can hardly taste a difference between these and truffles prepared with refined sugar, and once you try them, you'll always want to have them around to satisfy cravings!
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup smooth unsalted almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp alcohol-free, gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Place the dates in a food processor and pulse 8 to 10 times to coarsely chop. Add the butter, almond butter, and coconut oil, then process the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder, vanilla, and salt and pulse until well combined.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Drop 1/2-tablespoon portions onto the baking sheet. Place the sheet in the refrigerator or freezer for 20 minutes so the truffles can harden.
4. Store any remaining truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or the freezer for up to 1 month.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!