1 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
4 cups cooked cannellini beans
2 tsp favorite spice blend (such as cajun or curry powder)
1/4 cup almond flour
5 oz mixed salad greens
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
2 tbsp tahini paste
1 lemon juice
1 lemon zest
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Make the burgers: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
2. Using a fork, prick deep holes all over the sweet potato. Brush it with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Season generously with salt and black pepper and bake until completely soft, 45 to 50 minutes; a knife should easily slide through. Let it cool until you can handle it.
3. Peel the sweet potato and place the flesh in a medium bowl. Add the beans and mash the potato and beans together with a potato masher or large fork. Season the mixture with the spice blend, cayenne pepper, and salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Stir in the almond flour and shape the mixture into 8 patties.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron pan and brown the patties until crispy and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
6. Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
7. Assemble the burgers: Place the burgers on a bed of greens and top each one with a few slices of avocado. Drizzle a little tahini dressing over each burger and serve immediately. You may also add your favorite burger toppings such as caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, or your favorite burger condiment. Any leftover sweet potato mixture can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
newsletter and never
miss the best content.
Get everything you
need to live healthy
and happy. Click here to sign up.