Low in sugar and high in protein, these energy balls from Dr. Roizen are the perfect midday snack. Pop a couple of these into a plastic bag to have on hand when you start getting drowsy at work for an instant energy boost.
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped Fuji apple
- 1/2 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chunks (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, add all the above ingredients and stir together.
2. Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Remove and roll into 1-2 inch balls.
3. Store in fridge in a large airtight container or plastic bag for up to three weeks.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Power Plan to Restore Your Energy.