8 oz skinless duck breast, cut in strips 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, minced 2 cloves garlic, minced 4 oz mushrooms of your choice, diced 6 oz mix bell peppers, cut in thin strips 2 oz vegetable broth 4 oz white wine 1 chile, minced 3 tbsp light soy sauce 2 spring onions, diced 1 oz coriander, minced 1 tbsp basil, minced 2 tbsp peanuts, minced (optional) salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season duck with salt and pepper. In a medium to large frying pan, sauté the duck over high heat in the olive oil.
2. Set duck aside. Then, in the same pan, sweat the onions and the garlic.
3. Now add the mushrooms, and let brown until they are almost crunchy. Then add the bell peppers and let sizzle for about two minutes while stirring.
4. Deglaze vegetable mixture with the broth and bring to a boil. Then add the white wine and the chile.
5. Add the soy sauce and half the spring onions, coriander, basil, peanuts, and then the duck—and let simmer for eight minutes. Adjust seasonings.
6. To serve, spoon a generous amount into a bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the spring onions, coriander, basil, and peanuts.
7. Add a side of steamed brown rice or baked potato to make the perfect winter dinner.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.