Research has shown that the antioxidants in elderberries might be able to prevent the flu. In order to avoid getting sick, whip up this flu-fighting syrup recipe from Dr. Roshini Raj for you and your family to take.
- 2/3 cup dried black elderberries or 1 1/3 cups fresh or frozen
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 cup raw honey
1. Place ingredients in a pot bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour until the liquid has reduced by half.
2. Remove from heat and let cool until it is cool enough to be handled.
3. Pour into strainer over a glass jar or bowl.
4. Let cool then add the honey and stir.
5. Store in the fridge and take daily for its immune-boosting properties.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!