- 1 1/2 cup farro
- 4 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lb tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine the water and farro in a medium saucepan.
Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the farro is tender, about 30 minutes.
Drain well and then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
Combine tomatoes, onion, chives and parsley to the farro and toss.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to coat.
The salad can be refrigerated overnight.
Bring to room temperature before serving.