Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp crushed fenugreek seeds
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried French lentils
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium pear, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp medium pear, cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cups arugula
In a sauce pan, dry roast the fenugreek seeds for about 20 seconds, stirring often.
Add the broth and lentils and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes until the lentils are soft but not mushy.
While still warm, mix in the onions, pear, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar.
Serve warm or at room temperature or cold over a bed of arugula or other greens.